Thursday 30 July 2009

About old & new Friends and upcoming Mysteries

It has been a while since my last post, and not because of lack of news, but - I just wasn't here... I hope you'll accept this imperfect apology.

Anyway, the whonivers kept spinning, right, what did I expect, the whoniverse wont' keep still just because I'm abroad for about three weeks, maybe it would have kept still if I had stayed at home... So, what are these so called news. We know Karen Gillan's character's name: Amy. I read somewhere*, I have to apologise for being this unspecific, that Mighty Moff's going to turn the whole story in a Doctor - Rose, pardon, Amy relation ship a la Rose, and I really hope this will never come true. Anyway, here 's a nice wallpaper, yes, it's the OLD wallpaper of the two smiling not directly into the camera. You can find an analisation of it here. I'm glad Moffat hasn't completely changed the Doctor's look, although we weren't exactly expecting that the 10th Doctor's legendary brown coat was allowed to stay on set, were we? But why they changed the TARDIS's outside (here, I won't post the original one, we all know how it used to look like) is a secret to me. On the other hand, this might be a hint of what happened in the specials. Who knows. Filming for the next season has already started and - Alex Kingston (River Song) has been spotted on set (pics and source here) and according to Scooty: "she isn't unknown to the Doctor. He clearly recognises her as friendly and they have a chat." I think this isn't her "first" encounter with the Doctor. Still, there's the possibility of twisted timelines: River Song meets Matt's Doctor first, and then she comes across David's Doctor. This could be the reason why they are "doing diaries". Combom has another interesting post about her here. Plus, She's wearing hand-cuffs. Doesn't that ring a bell? Well, if it doesn't then I suggest re-watching the Library 2 parter... And - last but not least (I'm not wanting this post to get too long): Moffat seems to have a freer spoiler policy than RTD ever had. You want proof? Here. "The Crash of Byzantium", as mentioned in s4e8, could be a possible title of Matt's 1st (?) episode. But giving it another thought, "Crash of Byzantium" should be placed before Matt's era, because when River Song meets the Doctor in "Silence of the Library" she thinks that she has been there with David's Doctor... However, I hope Moffat hasn't ignored this fact. So, maybe it is not THE "Crash of Byzantium" but A "Crash of Byzantium" and maybe the whole story is just made up, or the BBC wants us to speculate about "unreal" spoilers while hiding the real ones. To quote Combom: "It's odd that we can deduce this, even the Byzantium sticker, its as if it was put here for us to find!" It is odd, too odd, for what I suggest that it can't be sheer coincidence.

___________
*Those who are really that keen on copyright infringements, go to Combom's blog and read through his entries of the last 2 weeks. It should be there, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment