Sunday 31 January 2010

All in all, the future doesn't look that bad...

The whoniverse is still busy mourning the 1oth Doctor and/or it is going on about Russel T Davies incompetency of writing proper scripts*, however the world does what it does best, it keeps on spinning.

The most recent evidence for this is that in a few days the new Doctor Who Magazine is going to be available , featuring a few remarkable interviews. But ATM there isn't even a lot from last month's issue on the net, still, I have found this. That's the complete DWM 417 Matt Smith Karen Gillan interview (from last month, sry poeple, I have been busy) which's middle part has made it to YT a few weeks ago.

If you haven't read it yet then give it a read-through, it deserves it.

After reading it I think Matt Smith will do a good job. He seems to be, let's say, less enthusiastic about the show, but he respects it. And in this case "less enthusiastic" isn't equal with "not enthusiastic at all". But I guess it's impossible to be more enthusiastic about Doctor Who than David Tennant was during his time.
So, it looks like Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are having a lot of fun while standing in front of the camera, what isn't bad for a start.

Karen Gillan also solves Amy Pond's job - mystery, she tells us that it was she who asked for the short skirt. Moffat originally wanted her in trousers, so it's likely that in his scripts she is referred to as a police-woman after all.

I also like that the big Moff is not tapping into the "love-story" trap, at least Matt Smith describes the Doctor as "conservative" and that sounds good to me. Additionally, he says he (and not his Doctor) is clumsy, but that's something Moffat may add to the next Doctor's character. Well, I would like it.

Another bit we, at least I , liked was Matt Smith announcing that there will be a "Tim Burton-ish" touch about the new show. Doctor Who is a bit like a fairytale, and I guess Moffat won't overdo this aspect.

Good, that interview did its job, we are looking forward to the next season... although maybe still with somewhat mixed feelings.
____

*BTW, you can read Mr. Miles' opinion about Doctor Who's future (I'm referring to the show!) here, it's the column on the right... In my opinion he has made a few points, but I trust Moffat with Doctor Who. I think the show couldn't possibly be in better hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment