Sunday 5 September 2010

The Big Split...

Oh my dear. Am I the only one thinking that there are a few things Steven Moffat shouldn't mess with? I know, there aren't many arguments supporting my automatic disfavour of his idea of dividing Doctor Who's oncoming seasons into spring and autumn-ones (source), on the contrary, it's not hard to spot at least 3 almost positive points why he has come up with this. I only want you to know that somehow I am going to miss the old schedule, despite writing the following paragraphs...

So, here we go. Moffat's official reason for this, as he says, is that he thinks waiting almost 6 month for the Christmas-special and then another 4 month for the next season is not exactly child- or audience-friendly. I think there aren't many fans disagreeing with him about this. (Although, in my humble opinion it will be more than just odd to have a break after 6 or 7 episodes.)

Secondly, it was really hard not to notice that Steven Moffat was also quite involved into Sherlock's first season, and he makes the impression of being pretty found of writing detective stories. Well, it might be possible that after finishing 6 Doctor Who episodes and giving it a break after that, he hopes to get some extra time for his new project. Again, those who have watched Moffat's 'Study in Pink' might like these news.

And last but not least, is it just me thinking it's odd that the Christmas-special was the only episode which wasn't filmed under winterish-springish conditions?

Or are Moffat's news rather about the bad ratings after all, as our all time favourite series has a slight problem with 2 reality shows...

No comments:

Post a Comment