Thursday 8 September 2011

Moffat on HitFix

Here is another Steven Moffat interview done in August (I know, I am lagging behind a bit), and this time it's HitFix who is doing the enquiry. Here are a few interesting bits, but it's not a mistake to read the whole thing.

On what did Matt Smith do so that Moffat cast him as the Doctor:
"The same performance you see on the show now. I still have it on my laptop. It's the same performance he gives now. He was just brilliant. He was by far the best."
On why the Doctor is able to cross his own timeline and doing other wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff, he, according to canon, should not be able to do:
"The fact that he says it's a rule doesn't mean he's going to stick to it. "
On writing challengingly complex story archs for a series which is meant for children:
"And if there's something that maybe makes them say, "I didn't quite understand that, Dad, what happened?" and they have a conversation about it, can someone tell me what's wrong with that? "
On his busy schedule for doing Sherlock and Doctor Who at the same time:
""Manageable" is the wrong word. It's "survivable.""

No comments:

Post a Comment