Sunday 14 July 2013

'Who's at the Proms

 One reason why I'm sad about Matt Smith leaving is that with the new Doctor we are also going to get a new Doctor's theme. And to me Eleventh's theme is among the most beautiful pieces of (soundtrack) music I've ever heard. Some of Murray Gold's music may be too bombastic for my taste, but most of his recurring themes do what film music is supposed to do: supporting action and not drawing attention away from it. To some Danny Elfman is the king of film music, to me Murray Gold comes a close second at worst.

Having said this it does not come at a surprise that I love having the Proms featuring 'Who's soundtrack. So, without further ado here is the original BBC Radio 3 link where you can listen to part 1 of yesterday's programme (there is a 2nd link for part 2 on that page). And, as it's going to disappear in less than a week WhoniverseMusic's channel is an excellent alternative.



No comments:

Post a Comment