Monday 11 November 2013

'The Star Is The Show.'

The Guardian is using an interview it made with Jenna Coleman as an introduction to Doctor Who. Or are they just trying to give a summary of the past events? 

Maybe the most humorous part  is them stating that the announcement of Peter Capaldi
"shared a hysteria in common with the announcement of a new pope, ended in August when Peter Capaldi was unveiled on primetime television as the new pontiff – sorry, 12th Doctor."
But the actual interview is rather lovely. The most quoted bit has to be 
"I just read the script the other night. I'd been putting it off for ages and ages, because once you read the last page, that's it, the story is over. So I read 10 pages on the tube and I stopped, and then I picked it up again the other day and finished it. I was an absolute mess, an absolute wreck. But it's good; it's sad, but it's what needs to happen. It's perfect."
 And Jenna Coleman also mentions a few things about her past, how she ended up acting and being cast for Who, her personal experiences Who's frantic fandom, and what other things she is involved with ATM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment