Sunday 21 February 2010

Voila - the Trailer

First things first, here is the link.

Honestly, it looks slightly too 3D-ish for my taste and that's not exactly a compliment. And does it have a plot?

I mean a proper one.

Well, I have to admit the fist and last seconds (the Doctor and Amy are lying on the ground and having a chat about the universe) are good, even excellent, but the parts in between are only, and exclusively trying to show off. Remembering Steven Moffat's "back to the roots" campaign; — that didn't come close to it. I'm glad that Doctor Who isn't done in wiggly studious anymore (with the oldest police box which happens to be available), but I hope that the Beeb remembers the reason why that show was and (trusting Moffat) still is successful, and by this I mean the stories and not only David Tennant's amazing acting abilities, although I quite admire him for what he did.

Anyway, back to the trailer, I guess it looks good on a big screen and if the audience happens to wear 3D-glasses, but in my world trailers which are not teasing things are a tiny bit pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment