Wednesday 7 April 2010

Fishfingers And Custard

Moffat IS a genius, no news there, but even I wasn't quite prepared for the awesomeness of this story and the really quotable dialogues. Additionally, it was fast going, I for my part had quite long no idea how a computer virus should save planet earth from being incinerated. But it worked.

Further I loved how Moffat created a great mixture between a fairytale and a sci-fi story. Doctor Who starts to become something for "never going to be adult" grown-ups and children alike. Well, maybe the "trying food and spitting it out" scene was a bit... too childish, and Amy's job could have been something else but apart from that I really liked it. And that guy should get a BAFTA for the way he introduced Amy. People might point out that we already had a Moffat-story in which the Doctor becomes some sort of someone's imaginary friend , but even those have to admit that it's the first time that that someone knocks their imaginary friend down with a cricket bat.

Talking about Amy. She seems to be a bit random and she has definitely been a nice child. But in my opinion we don't really know a lot about her real character at the moment.

Then again, talking about randomness, I haven't mentioned Matt Smith yet, who had very likely the most difficult job of the three people I have mentioned above. And I have to say his interpretation of the Doctor was brilliant. There are certain Tennant-like features in his acting, I mean I could imagine the last Doctor talking in the way he does, but then again he also adds his own freshness, clumsiness and enthusiasm (or maybe more some kind of a fascination) to it. I just have to agree with Moffat who said "Matt's Doctor is bonkers." That sums it up pretty well.
Nice TARDIS - interior by the way, I liked the old colour of its outside more, but the interior outweighs it again.

So, that was a really nice start. Looking forward to next week.

Oh, am I the only one wondering what the title and the actual story had to do with each other? The only possible connection I can see is that the episode was about 6o minutes long, but apart from that - no idea. But shouldn't it rather say Eleventh's Hour then?

No comments:

Post a Comment