Friday 10 May 2013

Corruption of the Best Is Worst of All

To be honest, 'The Politician's Husband' is not one of those series which would have made it straight to my 'must-watch' list. It's about politics, power-games plus most of my friends compared it to 'The Borgias', all things which I'm not really into. Nevertheless, I sat down, and watched it, and... wasn't hooked. Sure, there were a few interesting and worth-watching bits in every single episode;  well, there were also things which made me cringe, and I guess that was their intention in the first place... And I'd have to lie if I said that at times it wasn't interesting. Actually, the best part of it was the very last scene, which wasn't only a very well put surprise but also added an additional twist to the intriguing story. And is it just me who felt it odd that in the very last seconds he didn't at least fake a tiny smile at his wife? Still, this was a 'nice' end - not without being a bit stereotypical after all, but maybe just as 'nice' as things could have become in the given circumstances.

So all in all, 'The Politician's Husband' is not a bad piece of telematic art, it's only something about which I wasn't that enthusiastic  to watch. It is not bad, but there are certainly better ways to spend 3 hours of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment