Saturday 1 June 2013

'How Long Are You Goint To Stay With Me?' - 'Forever'.

Matt Smith is leaving 'Doctor Who'. It's official, after all, publishing it on the BBC's official 'Doctor Who' page is as official as it gets. And surprisingly it's already this Christmas when we say good-bye to his Doctor. 

Luckily, Steven Moffat does seem to stick around a bit longer. Even though, ever since he declared that he'd love to stay forever as Who's showrunner, I've been worried that he'd leave the show at the next convenient opportunity. After all, that's what 'staying forever' seems to stand for in this fandom (just take this Steven Moffat interview as reference, regarding Matt Smith's time on 'Who')

But back to Matt Smith. Surprisingly, I'm not devastated by his decision. I'm not saying I didn't like his Doctor. Matt Smith did a good job. I like what he did with the role and I appreciate it. But at the same time I hope the next actor getting 'the best job in the universe' will be just as good (or even better). So, today's date will certainly not burn itself into my memory as the day Matt Smith decided to leave the TARDIS (unlike the 28th October 2008) simply because 11 is not my Doctor. If he's yours, well, welcome to the ever growing club of Whovians to whom the current Doctor is not the one who made them fall in love with this show. Because you have to fall in love with the talent, and not the actor. Being a Whovian there are two lessons you have to learn: first, Moffat lies. And, the even harder one, 'Doctor Who' is about changes. If you can't handle that, then, I'm sorry, but you're not a proper Whovian. 

So, the next question to answer is  'who will be next?' and more importantly, 'will he be ginger?'

No comments:

Post a Comment